Current Opportunities with SCCUL Enterprises
Café Manager wanted
The Café will be located in the Institute of Lifecourse and Society at NUI Galway. The Institute brings together the fields of children, youth, older people and disability into one domain of research, teaching and policy. The Café will be required to provide a hospitality experience that is reflective of the ethos of the Institute.
SCCUL Enterprises Ltd., is a registered Charity, part of whose goal is to assist communities to develop leadership and management skills so as to tackle social and economic isolation. We are currently looking for a Café Manager to successfully manage the startup and ongoing development of a new Café based in NUI Galway. The Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations, and for a team of approximately 5 full time and part time staff. They will report to the SCCUL Enterprises Account Manager.
The main responsibilities will be as follows
- To assist with the set up and layout of the new Café to maximize efficient use of space and meet Health and Safety standards.
- Work with all the parties involved in the start-up process to ensure the needs of the Account Manager, NUI Galway, and Customers are fully met.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, induction and training of staff at startup and on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to policies and procedures relating to employment law, health and safety legislation and food safety legislation.
- Management, development and support of a team of catering staff consisting of both full time and part time employees.
- Take full operational control over the cafe, and be accountable to the Account Manager regarding targets and outcomes both operational & financial.
- Source suppliers and set up supplier accounts to efficiently manage stock levels.
- Develop and continuously improve Café menus.
- Encourage teamwork within the operation at all times.
- Liaise with the accounts department on areas of concern and to act immediately to address issues in this area.
- Ensure that all cash and control procedures are fully complied with and to immediately report issues of concern in this area to the Account Manager. To take immediate action regarding these issues.
- Liaise with the ‘Payroll’ department on relevant issues and to ensure that payroll procedures are fully complied with at all times.
- Deal with customer queries and complaints with the aim of ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Development of the Café to ensure a positive Customer experience, increased footfall and growth in customer sales.
- Must create a working environment that values and affirms all members of the team.
- Attend regular meetings with Account Manager & NUI Galway representatives as required.
- Undertake other tasks that may be required to successfully complete the duties of a Café Manager on an ongoing basis.
- The role will be based mainly in the Café in NUI Galway, however the successful candidate may be required to work at other venues where SCCUL Enterprises operate.
Essential Requirements for this role
Desirable Requirements for this role
Applications should be made by emailing a current Curriculum Vitae to:
Remuneration will be commensurate to the level of skill and qualification.
Closing date for applications is 2nd October, 2015.
SCCUL Enterprises Ltd., is an equal opportunities employer.
Café Assistants Wanted
SCCUL Enterprises Ltd., is a registered Charity, part of whose goal is to assist communities to develop leadership and management skills so as to tackle social and economic isolation. We are currently looking for Café Assistants to assist in the day to day running of a small café providing quality food and beverages, along with an excellent level of customer service. The Café Assistant will be a key part of the success of the Café and will work as part of a team of approximately 5 full time and part time staff. They will report to the Café Manager.
Click below to download full job description